Friday, July 17, 2015

Knitting Projects - July 2015 Edition

I hope to make this a regular feature....maybe twice a month, to "show off" the things that I've been making.  I do sew and knit for customers, so I won't share anything that I don't have permission to share, but today it's all about me :)

First up we have:

This is called the Lace Stripe Shawl.  I started this in December, put it away in January, then drug it back out in May.  It's a triangle shawl, starting at the bottom and working up.  I want it big enough to wrap up in so I'm to the point now that each row takes 15 minutes.  Let's just say that progress has bogged down a bit.  LOL  Anyway, the yarn is called Sugar Soft 3, a 3 ply  sport weight yarn.....I got a huge bag of it given to me at some point.....the label appears to be from the 70's or early 80's.  Nonetheless, the color is beautiful....a reddish burgandy.  I love it a lot and hope to finish it before fall.

Next up we have:
The almost done ribbing of the Impossible Girl Socks.  I try to always have socks OTN (on the needles)....I enjoy wearing them in the winter and they are very portable.  The yarn is gorgeous....the picture doesn't do it justice....but I can't find the lable....I know it was from Knit Picks.  I love buying yarn from them....it is affordable and just wonderful!

Last but not least:
The Tilting Tardis Cowl.  If you haven't figured it out....I'm a Dr. Who addict.  I just finished watching Season 8 and am very sad that I have to wait like everyone else for season 9.  (The socks above are a nod to Clara in season 7/8 of Doctor Who).  Anyway, the yarn is from Nerd Girl Yarns.  I was part of the spring Doctor Who Yarn and Fiber Club.  It was wonderful!  This colorway is For the glory of the Sontaran Empire.....the yarn is Conspiracy fingering weight.  Again, absolutely wonderful.  It's yarn like this that makes me a yarn snob.

There is another shawl on needles somewhere around here....If I get the lace stripes done I'll get it out and see about finishing it up....BECAUSE I have yarn and patterns for at least 2 more shawls.  I might be an addict.  Also, all the patterns that you see here can be found at Ravelry unless otherwise specified...and most of the time they are free or inexpensive, because I'm cheap.  Unless it's yarn....then I break the bank.

Norman is working overtime on his day off so I'll knit after chores and supper, which is getting ready to happen as soon as I post this.  Then I'm going to knock out a few rows of the shawl and then work on the cowl......I'm pondering custom made buttons for the cowl.....it's very exciting.  I'll share again in a few weeks....hopefully I'll have some finished projects!

No comments: