Tuesday, November 04, 2014

What I Wear on the Farm (Fall Edition)

That might be an odd blog post title.  I didn't really think about it but I think it fits.

We live on a farm.....we had a huge garden this summer and currently have pigs, chickens, ducks, geese and guineas with more beef steers coming after Thanksgiving.  We put up hay in the summer and deal with mud and general yuck pretty much all the time.

Now, before I go any further, I will say that my warm weather wardrobe stinks, therefore it was frequently long shorts and capris.  I'm working on it.  As funds are tight and my clothing needs go to the bottom of the list I don't know what I'll be wearing next summer.  Nevertheless, modesty is always a priority for me regardless of skirt/dress/pants.  I firmly believe that women can be modest in jeans/capris and shorts if they are chosen carefully.  I love tunic-type tops!!!!!  Anyway, back to the task at hand.....

My current outfit is:
thick fleece socks
black leggings
red "sweatpant" skirt
blue camisole
blue snowman sweatshirt
yellow calico apron
rust colored shawl

Yesterday's outfit was similar but I wore my blue apron (I love it still Patty!!!!)

I did laundry like this, cleaned the house, waded mud in the chicken pen to gather eggs and feed birds (I did wear muck boots).

My church outfit this past Sunday:
tan socks
brown riding boots
 grey leggings
white petticoat
purple long sleeve top
denim button front jumper
brown cowl
rust colored shawl
yellow knit hat

I wear what I like.  I figure that everyone else on the planet does, so why shouldn't I???  I just want what I wear to be beautiful, feminine and modest.  That's all.  I don't bend to the dictates of fashion (unless it is late 1800's fashion).  I work in my clothes.  My dresses probably aren't stiff and starched and stain-free....but that's ok.  I love them and will continue to wear them as long as I have them.  And I'm liable to make more.  And I'll make them for my daughter if that's what she wants.  And we will wear them with joy.

So, if you see us out and about and think that we've lost our minds, we have.  I lost mine a long time ago.  You can consider me eccentric...I don't mind at all :)

No comments: