Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hello Saturday :)

It's been a good day!  I recovered from my itty bitty pity party and am optimistic and joyful again :)

We started our day with our 4H club at a local cemetery placing American flags on the graves of those who served in our military.  While there we met my sister-in-law and took possession of my nephew Brennan.

I had managed to get 2 loads of laundry on the line before we left this morning so when we got home I finished my house picking-up, brought in the clothes and hung out my sheets and quilt.  There is nothing in this world that compares to bedsheets and quilts after they have soaked up some sunshine.

Baby chicks are hatching!  We have 4 new arrivals so far so I helped Norman set up the brooder.  We gathered eggs (19!), fed and watered chickens.  Brennan loved the chickens!  He held a chick and a big chicken.  He has no fear of them at all :)  I just love that little guy!

I baked some cookie bars this afternoon, folded laundry and remade my bed with my nice, warm, sun-shiny sheets and quilt.  After my brother picked up Brennan, the littles, Thor and I walked down the lane for the mail.  Supper is in the oven now.

Norman and Greg worked on the hog pen again all afternoon.  I think its almost done (which is good because the pigs are ready to move!).  They fed the cows for me and then Norman ran Greg into town to the swimming pool.  I think we are being gifted a tiller so he went to check on that also.  What a blessing!

I can smell the herb potatoes in the oven and am feeling so blessed.  I'm so very, very blessed!  Have a wonderful enjoyable weekend friends!

No comments: