Thursday, September 12, 2013

MFW K Week 6

Good morning!

We are having another wonderful week of school here.  This week's theme is O for Octopus.  Many of our theme activities have revolved around an octopus, the ocean or God's variety in creation.  Have you ever thought about that?  God created the octopus!  Who would have come up with that?  I love it :)


Bear did mapwork yesterday!  Honestly, I pulled the map out of our weekly sheets and about had a heart attack!  I wasn't ready to try to teach mapping skills to a 5 year old.  We discussed oceans and land and then talked about where things were on the map (our home, China, hippos - the important stuff). 

Abby has been working on numbers and colors.  She can say her alphabet reliably, knows most of her colors and can count to 20 most of the time.  This week she hasn't done a lot because she hasn't shown a lot of interested and she's THREE so I don't force the issue.  She sits with us for Bible time, songs and takes part in any activities.  I've started matching upper and lower case letters with her (A, B and C with name recognition but it is very gently).  Here she was getting into her box with laurie puzzles and pegs. 

Abby is always involved in our read aloud times and honestly, I read to her more than Bear.  She has loved the books about Johnny Appleseed this week and was telling her dad all about everything she learned.  She also told him all about eyes (a book left over from 2 weeks ago).  She just soaks everything up like a sponge.

Last night was AWANA.  Abby got to go for the first time.  She is a Cubbie and Bear is a Sparkie.  Abby's little friend was there and she was soooo happy.  She was very disturbed that I was there to pick her up.  So we will add AWANA lesson work to our school time. 

Tomorrow I am packing a picnic lunch and we are heading out to Sam Parr for some fun and nature study.  I took pictures last week but didn't get them up here.  I'll try to do better.

No comments: