Friday, September 13, 2013

Good morning!

Good morning readers!

I hope that this beautiful day finds you all well.  We got a little rain yesterday.  Disappointing as I had to run the dryer rather than hang my wash out on the line but it was a bonus that laundry got done quicker!

I enjoyed school with the kids, some very light housework and then read for a while yesterday.  Alex Kava is my new favorite author.  I've read 3 of her book so far and will be definitely be reading through the rest of them that the library has.  Speaking of library, I just packed up the library books that we have read since Tuesday.....14 books :)  Not counting the one I'm returning.  Right now, I'm midway through The First Family:  Abigail and John Adams by Joseph J. Ellis.  It's a wonderful glimpse into the lives of a fascinating couple.  Even if their relationship wasn't steeped in such historical events, I love reading about families and relationships like that. 

I've been trying to stay away from facebook but that is easier said than done.  lol  I did go through my friends list and deleted a few people and I'm trying to spend only a short time morning and evening (I like to browse while stirring supper or waiting for the kids to take baths).  I've definitely freed up much more time and I'm very pleased about that.

We are getting new tires on the van today.  They are much needed.  I'll probably take the kids to the fall festival tomorrow, at least to watch the parade...probably only to watch the parade.  Soccer on Sunday.  I'm going to try to get some more pictures to go with the ones I took last week and include them in a post. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Victoria Stankus said...

Enjoy your weekend, Carie!